Trek for Teens Day | Toronto
Event Date: May 27, 2017
Location: Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St W, Toronto
What is it?
Trek for Teens Day is the organization’s annual event. It consists of several attractions, including the Trek for Teens Day Race, the Fair, and a free concert in the evening. The Race challenges teams aged 13-18 in the High School Category and teams aged 19-24 in the University Category to solve problems and find hidden clues, working together in order to successfully complete the course (much like the “Amazing Race”).
To participate in the race, one must:
- be 13-18 years old for the High School Category
- be 19-24 years old for University Category
- have a team of three to five members
- pledge a minimum amount of $30 per participant
Participants will receive volunteer hours for the duration of the Race. A participant will also receive one additional hour for every team she/he refers that registers and submits its minimum donations.
Get Family and Friends to Contribute!
You can ask for pledges in multiple ways!
- If you would like to collect pledges in-person, you can submit your pledges to a Trek for Teens Representative at the Pledge Collection Party on May 1, 2017.
- You can use our online link and pledge request email to ask for pledges from your friends and family online. These pledges will be tracked online for you and you will be informed when you have reached the minimum donation.
*Remember: although the minimum donation is $30, we encourage students to try and go above and beyond to raise more donations!
Deadlines and Key Dates
Specifics: The Race
The race event is a team-oriented race which takes place in downtown Toronto. Teams aged 13-18 in the Junior Category and teams aged 19-24 in the Senior Category are required to solve problems and find hidden clues, working together in order to successfully complete the course (much like the “Amazing Race”). There will be a first place prize for the top team in the High School Category and the top team in the University Category.
Specifics: The Fair
The Fair will consist of game-based activities for all ages; each game will be pay-what-you-can. Non-Race participants are also welcome to play. Food and beverages will be available for all.
Specifics: Bootcamp for Change
This year, Trek for Teens Day will also include the event Bootcamp for Change! This fitness class will take place from 1:30 – 2:30 PM at Nathan Phillips Square. Bring a water bottle, a mat, and $10 for admission! This event will also allow for networking opportunities. To register, email us with your name. All proceeds from this event will go to homeless youth in local communities.