What is it?
Pennies for Poverty is a unique campaign geared towards schools which seeks to raise money through a very simple coin game. The rules are as follows:
- Play in your homeroom classes
- Each homeroom class gets a jar for coins
- Every Penny counts as one point
- Silver coins count as negative points (i.e. 5 cents = -5 points)
- Try to win by putting pennies into your jar and silver coins into other homerooms’ jars
When is it?
Every school can run the campaign whenever they see fit, so there are no set dates for this event. However, the quicker you get started, the faster the coins can make a change!
What happens to the proceeds?
As with all Trek for Teens Foundation events, the proceeds go directly to charities that help homeless youth in Toronto get off the streets and find stability in their lives.
This is a campaign which schools and other groups can run at their own discretion. Therefore, prizes for all winners, promotion, the duration of the campaign, and more, all depend on what you choose to do with it! If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with Nicole Bazzochi (email@example.com).