Student Leaders’ Resources
Thanks again for volunteering your time with us and taking on this leadership role! We have created this resource page especially for your benefit, in order for you to effectively spread awareness on the Trek for Teens Foundation mission and our related events within your community and among your peers. In order to get you started, here are some strategies on how you can encourage involvement in our events:
- Put up posters around your school/ community (we can email you a .pdf so you don’t have to make them yourself — more info below!)
- Include an announcement for Trek for Teens during your school’s allotted announcement periods.
- Hold an informational meeting
- Organize a fundraising event to raise money for the Foundation
- Have a Sign-Up Party (after signing-up and handing in the $30 min. pledge, kick-back and relax with friends over snacks and refreshments)
Get A Trek For Teens Speaker:
You may also request to arrange Trek for Teens Foundation representatives to come and speak at your next meeting and arrange a Q&A session. It is recommended that these sessions include everyone who is interested in and/or wish to get involved as sessions can only be booked with an attendance of 10+. The presentation and Q&A portion itself will likely take 45 minutes to an hour, so please plan so that there is ample time for us to present comfortably. We cannot guarantee the availability of our representatives for your desired date/time but will do our best to accommodate. Please email us with at least 3 weeks’ notice including location details, date and time, number of those attending, and a primary contact number (please indicate whether wireless or landline).
- Trek for Teens Day 2017 – May 27, 2017